I knew I wanted to do some sort of circus/carnival theme after visiting Kelly's Korner Birthday Party Tour. While I was browsing around all of the great parties I came across this little Jewel of a blog and this post totally confirmed what I wanted for W's party. (I don't know if I was in love with the party because the birthday boy's name was Rhett but I LOVED everything Brittany did! Oh and on a side note I think she and I may be long lost Internet twins...haha we have SOOO much in common, other than both having first-born cuties named Rhett) Focus Jamie, back to the party...HA!I'm totally into printable parties right now and Etsy is loaded with some great ones. I got my inspiration from Dimpleprints' shop. All of the bright colors just made me giddy. So I went to work in photoshop designing a party pack very similar to the one in her shop. After realizing how long it was going to take me to complete it all while trying to wrangle W and survive the holidays at the same time my friend Heather convinced me that my time was worth way more than the $10 to just buy the already designed package. People do you know how hard it was for me to actually pay someone for something I knew I could do for FREE?!?! I finally listened to Heather and purchased the printable party pack but of course you know I had to add in my own personal touch to everything. (the pickle jar wrapper, peanut and cotton candy labels, water bottle labels, W's picture on everything and Wyatt's name on the birthday banner.) After we had everything designed, printed, and put together I was absolutely THRILLED with how it all came together.


I never would have been able to pull any of this off without the help of my amazing family. Especially my totally AWESOME sisters. Julie not only came and helped before the party but she stayed up with me every night until we got everything marked off our to do list, she kept me on task and taught me so many lessons in frugality...lol! And do you see that FABULOUS cake...well I owe that little baby to my other wonderful sister Jodie. She stayed up the night before the party until 4:00 am completing the cupcakes, cake and W's smash cake. Now ya'll all know that I truly have the best sisters in the whole world. I mean that is some serious LOVE that will keep you up all night. Oh and while I'm giving shout-outs here I can't forget Brian, Shawn and my dad who obliged my crazy dream of turning our dining room into a circus tent. We did this with bolts of red and white tablecloths. I got this idea from Britt at Grey is the New Black. Now back to the party, we hired Daisy the clown to entertain everyone. She did a FANTASTIC job and everyone LOVED her. Well maybe except Jason after she included him in her magic show.





We had more than 60 guests celebrate with us and I'm pretty sure they all had a great time. Everyone feasted on hot dogs, nachos, cotton candy, peanuts, popcorn and tons of candy. Needless to say all the kids went home on a serious sugar high...HA! We only had one minor issue before the party but our neighbor, Troy, saved the day. Well I guess it's more than a MINOR issue...the bounce house company who we were renting the bounce house, train and pop-corn machine from didn't show up...I know MAJOR right! Thanks to Troy for finding another bounce house 15 minutes before the party started. Well and as for the popcorn, luckily Heather had a case of microwave popcorn that worked just as great. I was sad not to have the aroma of fresh-popped pop-corn at the party but you know everything else was absolutely PERFECT! Rhett was the only one who noticed the train wasn't there, about three hours after the party was over he came up to me and asked me when the train was going to get there...poor little guy! The company actually did call me in the middle of the party saying that they had a family emergency but could make the delivery now. I just kindly thanked them and let them know that we would no longer be needing their services. Seriously, they were supposed to drop everything off at 9:00am and didn't have the courtesy to call me until my party was almost over. (if you live in the Houston area and are interested in knowing the name and number of the company to avoid them in the future just let me know and I'll fill you in...stinking attorney hubby won't let me slander them on the blog...haha!)
If you actually read all of this then Congratulations, I know it was a LONG post. Thanks for sticking around!
Now that I'm almost all caught up on the blog I can start to cope with the fact that my baby is ONE....YIKES!!
9 comments:
Dang - I was hoping you'd post the name of the company & we could all say nasty things about them. Don't you know some great attorneys who could file countersuits for breach of contract, even if you slander them in cyberspace? We had a great time, Jeff was defintely on a sugar high & I ate all the peanuts while waiting in the truck while he did a plumbing bid the next day.
WOW girl you are on the ball, I just clicked publish and your comment magically appeared seconds after...haha! Thanks again for coming it was great to get to visit and you are always so sweet to be there for me and the boys! Love Ya!
Aww, thanks for the plug! Your party can totally go toe to toe with my party any day! I just wish I would have seen that other Britt's blog and made my dining room into a circus tent too!
It all looks so great! I actually went through my Rhett's party last night and it made me a little sad :( We are now 5 months away from him being 2! :( On to the next party idea I go!
BTW, I LOVED the chocolate wreath. I think I ate most of it myself. It was super easy to make! What do you do for the Halloween version? Wondering what other ways I could cater it to other holidays?
Oh my WOW! I could tell by Julie's pics that it was a super party-but man how fun! Don't be alarmed if every year the year after your party, somehow, I throw the EXACT party you do-after you tell me how to do it...Its kinda like stalking, but im not really a danger! W looked like he had a great time- now lets see pics of his big boy cut!
Lesli you totally crack me up! W did have a good time and I'm so glad he did because of course my dad kept teasing me saying, "Wow Jamie this will be a party W will never forget" He's such a mess!
Thanks for the links! I think I might try the heart shaped ones!
That is unbelievable! I am amazed by everything ya'll did. The cakes, the decorations, the little picture props...I love it all! You three should go into the party business!
AMAZING party!!!!!! Happy Birthday to the big boy!
You're hired! Looks like it was a great party. Cute, cute, cute!!!
Post a Comment