Now that I'm a mommy, I don't have as much time to do all the projects I'd like. But you should have seen me growing up. Every stock show we went to my mom, sisters and I would salivate over all the fabulous new fashions and want every single piece. (okay yes when you grow up in Podunk West Texas you had to get your fashion inspiration from stock shows...don't judge! Of course you have to remember that was before Al Gore invented the internets HA!) I remember in middle school seeing the glitter-painted tuxedo shirts and bow ties and being so sad that my parents didn't realize that my entire life would be ruined because they didn't fork over $85 for one. (Just look at me now I'm a total mess because of it HA!) So of course once we got home from the stock show I decided to just make my own. My glitter painted shirt was just as fabulous and would have made any barrel racer in the 90's drool. Of course I wasn't a barrel racer but I promise I was just as cool sporting my fancy getup at the pig shows. (OK once again don't judge HA!) One of my most famous projects were the Santa button covers I made all of my friends out of coke bottle tops. My poor sweet friends were so kind to act excited about receiving my hand painted Santa's. I'm pretty sure none of them actually ever wore them HA! Oh and once I discovered the fabulousness of Wonder Under all of my T-shirt making dreams came true. Sitting here thinking about some of my past creations makes me all giddy and oh how I'm longing for a new Bedazzler. By the way I did just reunite with my old buddy Wonder Under to make these for the boys.
I'll have to admit my disease has brought out a lot of good crafty projects. Like my graphic design hobby, which all started because I refused to pay someone $2.00/card for customized invitations. The list really goes on and on of all the things I have made just because I didn't want to pay someone else. I actually feel like I owe you an apology for rambling on for so long just to show you my latest "I can make that myself" project. I recently saw these, I know, SOOO cute right? My true inspiration came from the ones that Brittany did here. (I'm loving the Halloween wreath she made as well) So after a trip to Michaels where I purchased the ONLY three blocks they had in the store I began crafting. First I painted the blocks black and while they were drying I cut squares out of Halloween scrapbook paper. I then glued the letters on the paper. I printed the black letters and snagged the orange ones from the dollar spot at Target.
Then I simply Decoupaged the paper on the blocks. Just follow the directions on the bottle...sooo Easy!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness...I have the SAME disease!!! I love being crafty but then sometimes I'm disappointed that my "crafts" don't always turn out nearly as cute as they seemed like they would in my head! Okay, so your blocks are adorable!!! I so want to make some now!
My mom has that condition...although she only says she can do it, she never actually does it. Great job on the blocks! I was just shopping around Etsy for those...will you teach me????
I'm afraid you witnessed first-hand my 90's fashion!! Ha Ha But the blocks are adorable!!!
I have made the blocks too, but I made my hubby cut them from a 4x4 post...my girls' names and boo!. I go crazy for the glittered chipboard letters at Michael's. My craft projects often end up lackluster from the original vision! Funny how we can be so cheap about buying somebody else's craft and spend tons buying the supplies to do it ourselves!
I LOVED this post!! Keep sharing your craftiness with us! Btw, did you design your blog header? I need some help!
Post a Comment