10.12.2011

We Went to Dewberry Farms and All I Got Was a Sunburn

It’s hard to believe that a day that starts out as happy as this…photophoto Can end at 2:00 am like this…photoI’m telling ya’ll we had THE MOST Wonderfully Bizarre weekend.

We started out Saturday morning with a much anticipated trip to IHOP. According to our Saturday agenda IHOP arrival time should have been 8:00 am.  Thanks to a certain 2 year old and a most unfortunate salt and pepper versus the turtle tank incident we were 30 minutes behind schedule. Don’t worry Mr. Turtle is just fine…a little bloated but he’s going to make it!

We had the most delightful breakfast at IHOP and even made up some lost time. Our goal was to be at Dewberry Farms right as they opened. After a small delay with road construction we finally arrived only 10 minutes behind schedule. The boys were all dressed in their super-cute Halloween shirts and I was so camera happy capturing some amazing shots. I probably took about a thousand pictures in the pumpkin patch and more than double that just throughout the day. I documented Rhett’s first ever zip-line experience and Landon’s first ever big slide ride. I’m telling you the moments in time that I was able able to freeze through my lens were simply breathtaking.

At least I’m sure they would have been if I would’ve had a memory card in my camera…UGH! When we got home and I excitedly opened my camera to pull out the missing miniature memory keeper, I felt like I’d been punched in the gut. I bawled, I questioned our existence, I rolled around the floor in the fetal position, I ran out in the yard and screamed, “Why” to the heavens. Or maybe I just felt really stupid and learned a super-valuable lesson.

We really had an amazing family day and we definitely played hard and left it all on the field…the corn field that is. Ha! 

Little did we know that our night was only about to get more interesting. Jason was attending a work function late Saturday night so I stayed up to work on Landon’s upcoming first birthday party. I finally went to bed around 11:30 and Jason got home shortly after I laid down. He asked me, “Whose white truck is in our driveway with their door open.” Of course I had no idea so I got up to check it out. We weren’t going to go outside in case the boogey man was waiting around the corner so I called 911 instead. My neighbors were getting home late from a party and called my cell to let me know that there was in fact a man in the truck with his head hunched over the steering wheel. This totally freaked me out but luckily the cops pulled up rather quickly to save the day. Long story short, some heavily intoxicated guy actually thought he’d made it home for the night and passed out cold in his truck. The officer told us we were very lucky that he didn’t back into our house or hurt someone out on the road. It was just a really crazy-surreal late night.

When we finally got to sleep I was praying the boys would sleep in a little but instead they stayed true to their super-early wake-up routines.

(gross alert quit reading if you’ve got a weak stomach) To top it off Landon woke up soaked in vomit…YAY!

So here we are, it’s Wednesday and it’s now Wyatt's turn to house the evil tummy bug germs. I feel like I’m in an awful horror movie watching the littles projectiling EVERYWHERE! Please pray that we can contain this horrible virus to just the littles. Because people, I’M DONE CLEANING UP PUKE! Well at least until the next time.

I’m off to enjoy the silence of two sleeping sicklings.

No comments: