What a wonderful weekend we had. I know I may’ve mentioned on here before that I have the Best. Hubby. EVER! Well I still do. Wyatt has had congestion and been coughing all week so he’s gotten me up every single night. By Saturday I was completely drained. My super-sweet-spectacular hunk got up with all the boys like he usually does on Saturday mornings so that I could sleep in. (which means 7:30 or 8:00 am) Not only was he letting me sleep in he also made my Jama’s sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast. I wanted to just sleep through breakfast but I had to get up to enjoy what Rhett called “biscuit heaven”. Ya’ll know we are not a big-carb eating family but we decided to completely splurge all day Saturday. It was so delish! I even had a little butter and jelly biscuit. After licking my plate clean, I went back to sleep. While I was dreaming about biscuit heaven, Jason took the boys to “The Man Store” a.k.a. Home Depot. The first Saturday of the each month they have a kids workshop. We’ve taken R before but this was Dubs first time. They got to build helicopters.
Daddy also took the boys to the park to play and give Rhett a little extra batting practice. The batting practice really paid off because not only did Rhett get his first kid-pitch hit in Sunday nights game. His hit turned into his first in the park homerun! When Rhett crossed home plate and ran into the dug-out his teammates were patting his head and even tried to pick him up. They were all just so happy for our little guy. I had tears in my eyes and we were just so proud of our slugger. (I was jumping up and down and screaming too much to get any pictures of the moment. I did however take plenty of mental snapshots that will last me a lifetime.) Rhett was awarded the game ball and was too excited to give me a real pose with his coaches.
We just LOVE his coaches and teammates! In the end we came up a few runs short of winning but winning really didn’t matter so much after the confidence boost Rhett received. While we were saying our prayers that night he thanked God for giving him the ability to make it all the way around the bases even when he thought he was out of gas before home plate. He also told us, “I went from zero to hero!” There really is nothing more exciting than watching your kiddos conquer the world. Even if their world comes in the form of a baseball diamond.
10.04.2011
What a Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment