1.11.2010

Happy New Year Mrs. Tooth Fairy

So I'm slowly but surely going to get the dear old blog all caught up. As you know from the last post we got back home from our Christmas travels December 27th and hit the ground running. We spent the 28th taking down all of our Christmas decor and getting our house ready for a house full of family for a New Year's party. I was glad to get our house all back to normal but I really hated to have to put away my card tree. This really turned out to be my favorite decoration this year. I still had about 20 more photo cards that didn't get added to the tree because they were sitting in our mailbox while we were gone. I wanted to add them but I was really just too lazy to put them on only to take them down the next day. So I'm very sorry if you don't see your card but just remember that the only way to ensure you have a spot on my beloved tree next year is to send it early...haha! (Because I know making my tree is a major life goal to have and all...haha!)
Front of the treeBack of the tree
While we were busy getting the house back in order, Rhett was busy wiggling his loose tooth. He finally pulled it all out by himself on the 29th. I was so proud of him because he acted to scared for me to pull it out, of course I was using all kinds of contraptions to try and pull it out. Sorry about the close up picture of R's mouth but it's the only one I had where you can see how much his permanent teeth had already come in. Just imagine this mouth with a little baby tooth hanging out in front of those big teeth on bottom. It really just looked like a jumbled up mess of teeth and I'm so happy he's back to only having one row of teeth on the bottom.R doesn't normally sleep on the floor but Grandpa and NeNe bought him this cool Lightning McQueen airbed for Christmas and he was just dying to sleep on it. So he pretty much slept on it every night until 2010. It actually worked out nicely because it has a handy little pocket for easy tooth fairy access.
On Thursday the 31st, we had a houseful of people for our rocking New Year's party. Uncle Brian brought Kourtney and Kacey and my sister, Jodie, brought all of her family and Julie was already staying with us. My parents also came to celebrate with us and we even had a special visit from the triplets. Our party was full of food, family fun and of course no party is complete without some kind of wii game involved. The boys loved bird hunting from the warmth of our living room and DJ JoJo loved mixing it up on the turn tables. We met all of our neighbors outside around 10:00 to blow stuff up. It was all fun and games until Rhett almost got his eye burned out. The keyword is ALMOST, thank goodness he was okay somehow some of the flames shot up and hit his eyelid giving us all a little scare.


New Year's Eve 2009 is definitely one I will always cherish. Ending the year surrounded by so many family and friends was truly a blessing that I'm so thankful for. We did have a lot of fun at our party but this is still only a small reason I got so far behind blogging. I promise I'm getting close to revealing what kept Julie and me up almost all night every night from the 27th through the 2nd. (I know you are all on the edge of your seats...and the suspense is killing you huh...haha well just make sure you come back tomorrow and hopefully I'll have it all blogged)

1 comment:

Markers & Mud said...

I am SUPER excitied that my Christmas card made the tree! YIIPPEEEEE!! Its the small things in life-