11.28.2011

November Nuggets

So obviously we did survive November since I'm here typing it but I'm still not quite sure how. We flew home from New Orleans November 13 and hit the ground running. Rhett's final baseball game and team party were that night. And being the super-procrastinating-team-mom that I am, I may or may not have started planning the party when our flight landed. Luckily mom and dad were staying for R's game and mom could help me get goodie bags and coaches gifts together. We rushed all over town and put together the cutest little baseball themed bags and I quickly made a baseball tag to tie them up nicely. We made it to the game just in time for R's first at bat...once again the queen of cutting it close made it! WHEW!
The boys had a great last game and season and we are sad that it's over. We just loved our coaches and R really came a long way this season. We had a little party for the boys at one of our favorite little neighborhood grills.
IMG 0619 edited 1
R's school had their Thanksgiving picnics early in November. He was so excited for me to bring a "five dollar foot-long" until he figured out that we were splitting it...ha! We had a special little lunch on our blanket.
Rhettpicnic
Rhettmompicnic1
We are still so thankful for R's teacher this year. She seems to be just what our active little boy needs. Even if she has to use a choke-hold on him occasionally...haha! We still love her!
IMG 0582
I think I got a little out of order here so just forgive me and we'll move on OK! The Monday after our New Orleans trip and day after a late night baseball party we had to pull ourselves together once again for another party. The Houston Bar Association has a Harvest party each year to raise money for its pro bono efforts. We were completely pooped but we managed to make it.
Flemings edited 1
Oh and remember that little committee I'm on for PTA? Well in November we had to put on TWO meetings...yes TWO. So in between weddings, baseball and parties K and I pulled out TWO more cute meeting snacks and themes. For our Thanksgiving meeting we made loaves of bread and I made a label that read From the Kitchen of PTA and We are Thankful for You! The teachers loved getting individual loaves to snack on for their meeting. And of course K and I LOVED making several loaves of bread the night before...ha!
IMG 2040 edited 1
For the Christmas meeting we made each teacher their own edible wreath. I know I've shared this recipe with y'all before. I'm still cranking out wreaths each Christmas. The compliments are my motivation..haha! Everyone has always loved them. And of course I LOVED making 60 circles of chocolatey goodness the night before the meeting....haha! It really was worth it they came out so pretty and the teachers once again loved their treats.
IMG 0787
IMG 0788
IMG 0789
I'll leave you with a picture of two of our cute little nuggets playing around. It's so sweet how L-man is starting to really play with his brothers. Also can you tell these boys are related? I wasn't sure if you could tell...haha! L-man is R's mini-me.
DSCF1071 edited 1
I'll TRY to be back tomorrow with Thanksgiving, until then be thankful you got two posts in two days...haha!

No comments: