11.12.2010

October Part One

October was another crazy-busy month for us. Rhett played Fall Ball and Jason was in trial or preparing for trial most of the month so I was single parenting it a LOT. It was exhausting to say the least!  Being nine months pregnant was hard enough without having to chase around a 20 month old or trying to teach Rhett how to hit a 42 mph ball from a machine. I don’t know how single moms or military wives do it. While Jason was out of town the week before my induction, Wyatt decided it would be a good time to eat dishwashing soap. After a call to poison control I got to hear the comforting words that “he’s going to be okay…he just has to keep throwing up until it’s all out.” Oh YAY! Wyatt continued to test his boundaries while Jason was away. So much that at one point Rhett took it upon himself to plea to daddy to come home. I could hear him on the phone saying, “Daddy put down your brief case and come home right this instant, Wyatt is being HORRIBLE to mommy”. I promise I didn’t put him up to it, but I really wouldn’t have made it without my Rhett. He has been my little rock star helper and has just been making us so proud.
Now about our October happenings. We had fun starting the month off booing our neighbors with sweet treats. Rhett turned a new corner in baseball this season. He had so many great moments and has just really started blossoming as a player. I was a nervous wreck the very first game of the season, just hoping he’d get a hit off the machine. He walked up to the plate and hit the first ball that came hurling at him. My heart just burst with pride and I cried. Only three boys got hits that first game and our little R was one of them.  He also got to play pitcher and left field this season and he earned three game balls for throwing players out at first. His best game came the weekend that Landon was born and I was so sad to miss it but so happy that my dad got to go and witness his shining moment. He batted twice and both were hits to the outfield, he stole two bases and scored two runs and he got a game ball for it. It really ended up being a great season of growth for Rhett and we are really looking forward to the spring.October1The Saturday before Landon was born we headed out to the pumpkin patch. Wyatt kept loading up our wagon with little pumpkins and he was probably the cutest little pumpkin in our wagon. Landon was also a pretty cute little pumpkin…ha! That’s one of the last pregnant pictures of me, five days before giving birth…YIKES! Once we got home the boys planned a great carving system. Rhett drew the designs and Wyatt scooped out the guts. Rhett actually got to carve several of the pumpkins all by himself this year…he is getting too big!October2 Instead of getting a nursery ready or “nesting” for Landon I decided to do my nesting on the mantle…HA! Heather called one day and couldn’t believe that I was outside spray-painting candlestick holders instead of washing baby clothes. She came over a few days before going to the hospital and pulled out all of the baby clothes and bought us diapers and all of the stuff we needed to bring Landon home. I guess I thought I was just going to stop on the way home from the hospital for diapers…ha! That’s the third child for ya…ha! But see how cute my crafty creation came out.October3 I’m going to wrap it up here and hopefully be back soon with the story of Landon and our fun Halloween.

No comments: