I guess I’ve got to take you back to Feb. 20th to catch you up on how we found out about our big baby news. As many of you may remember we were about to start an IVF cycle and I even poured my heart out in this post. I promised that I would blog the whole process but little did I know that God had a different plan for us this time around. What’s so crazy is that as I wrote about our upcoming IVF cycle I was already pregnant and had no clue…GOD IS SO GOOD!
I was expecting my monthly visit from Aunt Flo Saturday, Feb 20 but she didn’t show up. It’s pretty normal for me to be irregular so I didn’t think anything of it until we were sitting in church the next day. We had a guest preacher and everything he said just moved me. It’s such a crazy feeling when you know you’re sitting in a congregation of thousands but feel as though the sermon is only directed toward you. I felt that way all during church and I suddenly believed that the impossible had happened. I was convinced I was pregnant. I told Jason on the way to the car that I was pregnant and that we needed to stop at the pharmacy for a test on the way home. He was very hesitant to stop because he didn’t want the bad news to ruin our weekend and because he never stops anywhere on the way home from church. I just let him know that we had to stop and that I just knew it would be good news.
We finally made it home and I immediately headed to the restroom to perform the test. I sat there and waited the three minutes until the most glorious word appeared on the digital reader…PREGNANT! I started screaming and Jason ran in and couldn’t believe what he was seeing. We had never been in this position before where we actually missed a period and got to pee on a stick. We didn’t know what to do. So we just hugged and I cried. We decided not to tell many people because I wanted to make it through the first trimester. That’s one of the reasons that I couldn’t blog for so long because I was scared I would spill the beans.
What blows our minds the most through this whole process is just how great God is. I had been praying daily that our upcoming IVF cycle would work the first time because I didn’t think I could handle going through it multiple times like before. When I talked to my mom to share the good news she told me that she had been constantly praying that we didn’t have to do IVF at all. When she said that it absolutely gave me chills, and reminded me that God can do more for us than we could ever think to ask of him. It really never occurred to me to ask God for a free baby because I believed what the doctors thought about my condition and not in what all God could truly do for me. Ephesians 3:20 keeps ringing in my ear…HE CAN do more than you could ever think to ask of HIM!
Now I’ve just got to ask him to ease up my nausea. With my first two pregnancies it was done after 12 weeks but this one has been totally different. I’m still getting sick every morning and I’m already 17 weeks. I know it has to get better soon! I have several cute ultrasound pics that I’ll scan soon.
“And now you know The Rest of the Story, Good Day!”
5 comments:
Aww, I have chills!! God is so good. I am so happy for y'all!! Hope you feel better soon!!
That is SO awesome. How great our God is! Isn't it amazing to be able to experience a natural pregnancy after IVF? I'm so happy for you!!! I hope your nausea eases up. That is no fun. I was sick with both my girls for a long time so I definitely know how hard it is!
SO true! He always gives us more than what we ask for...many times what I don't even think to ask for! So happy for y'all!!
Q and I pray for you and the baby every night! LOVED reading this post! I shared your story with a friend this week and I think it gave her hope. I hope you feel better soon. I was sick with Q off and on the entire pregnancy- I took zofran and it helped a ton! SO happy for you my sweet friend!
So happy for you! I love that God is still in the miracle business! I can add your story to my own and several others I know who have the same story. God is NEVER late, but SELDOM early. Someone told me that when I was going through infertility, and OH how I truly believe those words now. I'll be praying for your nausea to subside very soon!
Post a Comment