11.16.2009

We are Alive with Dedicated Babies!

So I have to start off with an apology to both of my blog readers out there, (Hi Mom, Hi Grandma...ha!) I'm so sorry for being in such a bloggy funk lately and totally neglecting the blog and depriving you of seeing new pictures of the two most handsome boys ever. Now that that's out of the way I also need to tell you that we are alive and well and I have so much catching up to do, but not today. All you get to read about today is the wonderful Baby Dedication service we got to be a part of at our church yesterday. We were able to have both boys included in the service and it was really just a super special family event. Each family picked out a scripture that was read aloud while on stage. We chose Philippians 1:9-10 and class your homework is to go and look it up, come on I'm not going to just give you the answers...HA! Both boys received a keepsake New Testament Bible which put Rhett in Heaven. I have never seen him get so excited over getting any other book before. It was the sweetest thing ever! He felt so grown up having his very own Bible that wasn't full of pictures like his Children's Bible he's use to. He kept telling me over and over that this was his most favorite book and how good it was that it was his favorite because it is the most important book ever. He sat on the stairs and delicately turned the pages one by one and has never wished so badly that he could read. At bedtime he requested that daddy read him a chapter out of his brand new Bible. Our little Rhett can sure make my heart explode with love and pride for him. I just pray that his enthusiasm and thirst for Bible knowledge will continue to increase all the days of his life. We feel so blessed that God has chosen us to care for and mold these two precious little miracles and we pray that we will be the parents they need to lead them on the path of righteousness. So that someday we will all spend eternity together with our Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Markers & Mud said...

Beautiful!

Heather said...

Congrats on your boys dedication!