10.25.2009

it's been a week

It's been a week since we got the phone call that rocked our world.
It's been a week since we lost our sweet Papa suddenly and unexpectedly.
It's been a week of processing so many emotions.
It's been a week full of many tears.
It's been a week of constant talking with God.
It's been a week of needing to blog but not being able to.
It's been a week of celebrating his wonderful life and legacy.
It's been a week of rejoicing for Papa as he experiences the full glory of coming face to face with Jesus.
Really all I can say is, It has been a week! I know each day will get easier but for today it's only been a week. Our Papa was the sweetest, most gentle, always smiling, happiest, completely in love with Jama, funny, hardworking, constantly serving others, super-talented, great writer, wonderful wood worker and follower of Christ. He was so many things to so many people and it is so reassuring knowing he is finally home.Thanks for all of your prayers for my family over our loss. Please continue to pray for my sweet Jama as she adjusts to her new life without the absolute love of her life.

5 comments:

APPLEton of your eye! said...

Jamie--so sorry. I was thinking and praying for y'all and wished I could have gone to the service. I only met him once-he was so sweet and so proud of his vacuum that went around the room on its own..=)
It's always hard to lose someone-and no words can comfort you..but I pray that your heart heals quickly.

jaime said...

So sorry for your loss. Continued prayers for your family.

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs and prayers sent your way!

Mandi said...

Hi Jamie,
I have been thinking about ya'll all week. I will continue to pray for your grandma and your mama and you too. He sure is a cute grandpa!

Home of Harris said...

We are as sorry to hear of your loss.