7.17.2009

show us where you live Friday

I'm participating in Kelly's Korner Show us where you live Friday tour and this week she's featuring Children's parties and I thought I had to include the Pirate and Princess party we had for Rhett's fourth birthday. This was such a fun party and theme. (Disclaimer: I was going through IVF during the time and was in need of a distraction from fertility issues so I may or may not have gone a little overboard.) More than 70 people showed up and it was crazy-fun Enjoy!


Cover of the invitation

Inside of the Invitation
The Super-Cute Pi-Rhett
The Cakes
My little sister painted faces
We made a huge pirate ship for the kids to play in and they LOVED it! I got the plans for the ship from Mr. McGroovey's
The princesses ditched their princess manners when it was time to dive in for the pinata candy
We had a treasure dig station that I filled with shells, beads and jewels.
Grandma ran the craft making station where the princesses made wands and the pirates made pirate masks.
The kids LOVED the party and we all just had a great time. Thanks for coming by Matey!

It's your lucky day I'm including a few BONUS shots from Rhett's Two-year old John Deere party

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pirate party!!! Such cute ideas!!!

Pamela said...

Love um both!! Boys are hard I think but you did a wonderful job! I will have to keep the pirate and princess party in mind!

BOWquet said...

very sweet! Love the party!

tiarastantrums said...

LOVE IT - now that was a pirate ship!!

Brittany said...

Love the Pi-Rhett idea! So cute! I am definitely using that one for my Rhett!

So funny that you have a Rhett and Wyatt! My hubby and I have said since Rhett was born that Wyatt is in the running for another boy name for us! I guess great minds think alike!

Ashley said...

Love the pirate party! Especially the ship! How awesome was that!!

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Those cakes are to die for!
And that BOAT!! OMG.
In answering your question about the circus tent, yes I did make it from bolts of plastic tablecloth that you can get at any party place. We simply tied them to our chandelier and used some twine to drape the sides over. Super easy for big impact and any color would be adorable!

Family American Style. said...

What great ideas. The Pirate party looked really great. The huge pirate ship is really great.

Mandi said...

Will you just come do Carter's party next week?