


I'm sure many of you got this recipe for Ziploc omelets when it made its way around the e-mail circuit. We made these when we were growing up and I thought I'd try it out on the boys. R really enjoyed getting to "cook" his own dinner and was quite proud of his creation of just egg ham and cheese. The recipe says to only use two eggs but I used four for mine and Jason's. I also used the gallon bags instead of the quart size. If you do make these just make sure you have FREEZER bags, I didn't and we had an unfortunate bag blow out with Jason's creation. He teased me when I was taking pictures of dinner and made sure that for the sake of honest journalism I included a picture of his omelet/scrambled egg masterpiece. (I'm shocked to think that he actually thought I would lead YOU my precious readers to believe that my omelets always come out perfect..HA!) The recipe also suggests how well these omelets are paired with fresh fruit and coffee cake, but of course we so elegantly paired ours with BACON!
Here is the recipe from the e-mail:
ZIPLOC OMELET
Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker. Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag shake to combine them. Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. Each guest adds ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes (I did 15 minutes). You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water. Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed. Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and a great conversation piece. Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in 15 minutes, you've got a nice omelet for a quick breakfast!!!

7 comments:
You'd think that was from Sonic!!
I know it's that FANCY huh!!
Hi there! I came here from Kelly's Korner and this post was so cute. I have actually NOT seen this before, so I can't wait to try with my kids - they LOVE having "breakfast for dinner" so this will be a hoot.
Thanks for sharing it! =)
Like the previous post, I'm here from Kelly's Korner too and I had never seen this before either. I'm SO excited to try this out. Yea!! :)
I, too, am coming from Kelly's blog and have never heard of this. My daughter would LOVE making this! I believe I just found tomorrow's breakfast.
I have never heard of this but I'm excited to try it!
awesome idea! Thanks for sharing! :) Love the 'honest journalism'
Post a Comment