6.22.2009

a couple more firsts for W

So I'm a little embarrassed to admit that Sunday was W's first time to go to our church. It only took us five months to adjust to a new baby and get back in the routine of going, I guess it could be worse...or maybe not. Anyway here is a picture of the boys before Wyatt's first trip to church. He was fine when we dropped him off in the nursery but when we came to pick him up boy was he MAD!! He was bright red and to the point where we could tell he had probably been crying for a while. Of course the sweet little ladies in the nursery said he was fine and didn't cry the WHOLE time but it was still hard to pick up a screaming baby. I just hope he wasn't screaming because he had to go home with us. HA! Hopefully next Sunday will be better.
W also had his first trip to the swimming pool. We all got in and had some great family fun in the pool.

Jason teaching W to swim in the deep end, he's a total natural! In no time at all he was swimming laps, I'll admit he still needs a little work perfecting his strokes and flip turns but that will come in a few more lessons I'm sure!
He actually really loved just kicking back and floating in his little floatie but of course didn't start loving it until I already put my camera up and got in the pool so I don't have any of super-cute laid back W floating shots, so this one will have to do! Now that I know he likes the water so much I'm tempted to think that I can take the boys by myself. R has been in private lessons for a few weeks now and has made so much progress that I think I would be able to wrangle them both at the pool. I learned the hard way that when you have a budding swimmer on your hands you MUST wear a shirt over your swimsuit in the water to prevent certain areas being exposed when said budding swimmer runs out of breath and needs to grab whatever he can as a handlebar to survive. I'll let you know how any future adventures go with the two little boys and me at the pool.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

You little sinner...not going to church for 5 months. I know you have done much worse! I saw your family eating Mexican food this week...wishing you were with them!

Jamie said...

LOL...I've actually been to your church more in the last five months than my own, does that count?? Oh and I should get double credit for going to two Easter services RIGHT?!?