5.16.2009

camping practice

Last night was the night that we were putting W in his crib and letting him cry it out for the first time so the boys thought that would be a great time for them to practice camping. R gave me a walkie talkie in case I needed them and he gave me the handle Junebug and he was Jungle Swinger. They were so cute with all of their assorted flashlights and yummy tent snacks. They made it the whole night in the great outdoors. This was R's first time in a tent outside, they are practicing for a real camping trip to a state park around here that has alligators. R was so cute telling Grandpa on the phone that he was practicing so that he and daddy could go camping with alligators, he then said but I'm afraid of alligators, the dark, bugs and spiders! So that should make for a super-fun camping trip.
Meanwhile back at the ranch with W...I put him in his crib at 9:15 and let him cry for 15 minutes then I went in and calmed him down without picking him up and was going to let him cry for 20 minutes this time but I didn't have to. He sucked his thumb and was asleep by 10:00. He cried out again at 12:30 but for only about 5 minutes, and again at 2:30 for a brief time. He went back to sleep on his own both times. When he cried again at 4:45 I went ahead and got up and fed him and he and I were able to go back to sleep until 8:00. I think it was an overall success and I'm really hoping tonight will go even more smoothly. Here are some sweet pics of W in the bumble bee swing for the first time while the boys were putting the tent together.

No comments: