Okay so me, the queen of organization (in my head), is going to attempt to follow Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Mondays. I hope to include recipe links on here for you and to also try out one new dish a week. If you're like me then you tend to cook the same five meals every week and since I'm back on WW I've gotta keep this fresh or I'll just fall face first into a pile of Mr. Goodbars purely out of food boredom. So here is my first menu for your viewing pleasure...
Monday: Chicken and Dumplings (Jason made a big pot of this Saturday so we will just be finishing it off)
Tuesday: *New Recipe Alert* Lemon Asparagus Pasta (I will tweak this to use whole wheat pasta), salad, whole wheat rolls
Wednesday: BBQ Pork Ribs, beans and salad
Thursday: Hosting Bunco serving Taco Salads and yummy Sopapilla Cheesecake (totally not WW, but slap yo momma good) I like to top this with whipped cream and fresh strawberries
Friday: Kitchen's Closed (we eat out after T-ball)
Saturday: Going to a Kentucky Derby party, so I'll just smuggle enough food home in my purse to serve the boys dinner ("don't you judge me, Earl Hickey!") just kidding Rhonda (or am I?)!
Sunday: Jason will cook his famous Green Enchiladas (did you get that hubby?)
So there you have it my first Menu Plan Monday. I'll let you know next week how it went and if I stuck to it or not. I know you'll be on the edge of your seats refreshing the blog every second waiting to read how the new recipe went so I'll let you know that as well. Until then...Happy Eating!
2 comments:
I love this!! I always plan my menu on Sunday and go to the store on Monday morning. I might have to change that so I can get some new ideas! I'm going to have to try the Lemon Asparagus Pasta!! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
You gotta tell me how the asparagus turns out. Sounds awesome.
Post a Comment