2.23.2009

happy birthday daddy

We celebrated daddy's birthday tonight with lots of laughs and sweet family time. Last year Rhett decided that daddy needed a Backyardigans birthday theme and so when I asked him what kind of party we wanted to have for daddy this year Rhett said, "Mom dad is old enough to pick out his own party!" (We are letting Rhett pick out his party theme and location this year so I guess he thought daddy would like to do the same) Rhett did pick out our dinner meal which consisted of steak and shrimp, he sure does have expensive taste in food but it made for a great birthday dinner for Jason. We also had the traditional mint chocolate chip ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. (which was very hard for this dairy-free person to resist) Rhett especially had fun singing to daddy and giving him his birthday spankings. We finished the night off with super-funny birthday cards!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

How about sending a piece of that cake to Abilene?! Ya'll have a spring full of birthdays around your house, don't you? I'm interested to see what Rhett has chosen for his!