I got a little behind posting on the blog due to Hurricane Rita. Our county was mandatorily evacuated and so we packed up as much of our house as possible and just prayed that everything would be okay.
Rhett and I left Wednesday, Sept, 21 and made it to San Antonio in about 5 hours, which is usually only a 2 1/2 hour drive. Jason left the next morning and it took him almost 26 hours to make the normally short drive. We are all still so thankful that Rhett and I weren't stuck in the car with daddy because we are not nearly as tough as him and we never would have made it that long.
After the storm turned a little further East of us everything was fine for our house. Jason returned home Sunday, Sept. 25, to find everything in order on the homefront and we even had electricity, but our grocery stores and gas stations weren't stocked back up yet. Because of the shortage in food and gas, I decided to head West to visit our family for the rest of the week. I'm posting lots of pictures below to catch you up on the adventures of our unexpected road trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment